Article 27 GDPR can apply to a non-EU businesses if it provides goods or services to or monitors the behaviour of an EU citizen or resident and the business does not have a business establishment within the EU. If Article 27 GDPR, applies, the non-EU business is required to designate a representative in the EU.
Following Brexit, UK companies are similarly required to appoint an EU Representative if they provide goods or services to or monitor the behaviour of an EU citizen or resident and they do not have a business establishment within the EU.
BM Data provides a professional, reliable and affordable GDPR EU representative service, acting as your Article 27 GDPR representative. We can combine this with UK Representation if you also process the data of UK citizens and residents.
We provide a core representative service with additional support should you need assistance with data protection issues such as handling subject access requests or data breach.
The services covered include:
- Register as your local GDPR EU representative – we are established in the UK and have a branch in Ireland
- Handle all enquiries from Data Subjects
- Deal with requests from or correspondence with Supervisory Authorities in the European Union
- Hold a record of your processing activities (ROPA) where required, with periodic reporting
- Assist with breach reporting and subject access requests
- Advise on GDPR, data protection and Privacy & Electronic Communications legislation
- Provide swift action where there is a complaint, breach and/or subject access request.
- Advise on a range of other GDPR matters including privacy notices, consent requirements, transfer/sharing of data, data processing agreements & subject access request procedures
- Through our international network, we can access local assistance in most countries if so required
In our dealings with data subjects and supervisory authorities we recognise that we are an extension of your business and so we act in a manner that is conducive to and protective of your culture, brand and reputation. Our charges for the core service start at £150 per month (we can also accept Euros and dollars). Additional services are charged at a discounted hourly rate. If your business requires a GDPR EU representative or a GDPR UK Representative, contact us now.