Who needs an outsourced data protection officer?
Public institutions and some businesses are required to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Many other businesses have also opted to appoint a DPO in order to maintain high standards of data protection compliance and that reduce the risk of data breach.
The DPO is required to be independent and have sufficient skills and experience to carry out the role. Businesses often struggle to provide this as an internal resource – we are well placed to provide this role.
Our charges are based on day rates.
We can act as your outsourced DPO. If you would like to speak to one of our specialist team, please contact us now.
Our DPO service includes:
- Act as the named DPO for your business, overseeing the data protection policy, to inform and advise the organisation on obligations under GDPR
- Monitor GDPR compliance, using a dashboard management tool, holding regular meetings with the Board to discuss data protection issues and ongoing best practice
- Respond to internal queries and provide help and guidance on the carrying out and implementation of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) for existing or new business processes and monitoring of assessments
- Responding to and advising on data subject requests such as subject access requests, right to be forgotten etc.
- Acting as the contact point, responding to and co-operating with the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or supervisory authorities
- Managing breach reporting and liaison with the ICO
- Proving guidance on notices, policies and procedures
- Proving guidance on processing agreements and data transfer/sharing agreements
- Annual review of privacy notices and other key documents
- Supporting your internal DPO in these areas